Antique Silk Floss Folder
- These old silk hanks of floss were popular in the Victorian days and later in the Arts and Crafts period. They would still be useful today.
- The folder is loose, the binding is gone, but it contains a world of wonderful old silk threads. Most nicely braided together to prevent tangling.
- Inventory #TX 139
Charming Miniature Chalkware Cats
- This is a very collectible form of charkware, the miniatures.
- Early chalk, all hand painted, marked Germany on the bottoms.
- Wonderful playful grouping. I think the standing cat must be a tom, look at that face!
- The largest piece is 2"
- Inventory #FA 225
Hand Written Ledger
Early handwritten ledger with blue paper covers. Crawforsville, Indiana maybe?
Rare Blue Child's Shoes
Rare pair of child's shoes in blue paint.
Country Pine Wallbox
This simple country wall box has a very interesting cutout on the backboard, and look at the wear on the hanging hole.
Thick old pine wood, never finished, all attic surface. Round nails.
Measures 12" x 7" x 7".
Inventory #TR 534
Red and Black Game Board with Pin-striping Detail
- This old gameboard on a single fat pine board has some over the top decoration.
- Nicely carved lines between the squares, and some fine mustard pin striping on the borders. Nice!
- Measures 13 1/2" x 16". Very nice old condition.
- Inventory #FA 293
18th C Master Salt
- This is a very early master salt. Look at those uneven turnings, clearly foot peddle lathe.
- Good strong figuring in the wood. Some cracks, but the piece is quite stable.
- Measures between 3 1/4" - 3 1/2" diameter.
- Inventory #TR 381
Antique Embroidered Silk Purse
- A most excellent bag! This lovely silk piece dates to the early 1800s.
- Very fine silk satin stitches on a silk base. The piece is lined with fine linen.
- A few stitches missing from a few white petals in the upper area, see pics. Otherwise very excellent condition.
- The bag itself measures 8" long, not including the strings. Did I mention the original strings?
- Inventory #TX 177
Medium Size Apothecary in Good Dark Green Paint
Really nice early pine apothecary in good dark green paint. Looks like a black undercoat.
All original knobs, etc.
Some marks on the left hand size, probably was connected to some shelves at one time.
Measures 15" x 12" x 10".
Inventory #TR 120
Early White Cotton Woman's Shift
Lovely old white cotton shift with gathered neckline and pintucking on the front. Possibly a costume or reenactment garb.
Partly hand sewn and partly machine.
Measures 19" across shoulders and 45" long.
Inventory #TX 207
Extremely Miniature Jackknife 18th C Mother of Pearl
Extremely rare extremely miniature jackknife. Hand made of steel and brass and mother of pearl.
Likely French, late 18th C.
Measures only 1" long closed.
Inventory #FA 319
Tiny Stanhope Measuring Tape Lighthouse
This interesting little Stanhope is a lighthouse shaped maple base with bone Stanhope beacon.
The tapemeasure is 30" long, and complete except it has a safety pin on the end.
The image in the Stanhope might be a ship, hard to see.
Measures 4 3/4" tall.
Inventory #TX 220